Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A romantic touch

Some romantic movies send you to a trance. The aftermath of one such movie brought the script writer within me to life and before I knew what was happening, I was writing this romantic scene.

Hero was preparing for the D-Day when he would propose to the love of his life. He had the words ready " Sometimes, I feel I am falling in love with you".
Then he thought he would be lying, if he said sometimes. This feelings is there all the time. So he changed the lines to "I feel that I am falling in love with you."
Again he was not satisfied, he felt the word 'feel' was redundant as now, love was no more a feeling, but it has become the most important thing for him. So the revised and shorter version came up like this "I am falling in love with you"
His thoughts started running again and he felt that he had already fallen in love and now he was neck deep in it. Finally he found solace in the three simple words "I Love You"


Next day, the girl was waiting for him eagerly. The boy tells him "Today, I have a lots to say to you".
The girl was dying of anticipation "And what that could be about? "
The boy taking full courage "I Love You"
The girl waited for some time and said "Thats it. I thought you told me, you had lots to say."
The boy smilingly and with full conviction " Doesn't that three words mean a lot to you".

Wow. I heard a lots of applause and some familiar voice saying "Lunch is ready"

That was my mother calling me for lunch.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
Creative Commons License
Edhey Thumbi Haaduvenu by CA Suresh Kumar is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at srisureshca.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://srisureshca.blogspot.com.